Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have just purchased a 120gallon tank and want to have a mix tanganyikan tank.My favirote tang fish is the comps,commpressicepts,eels.I want to have some sort of shellies in tank but wanted to know when is the best time to acclamate my shellies into tank.Meaning first-second or third.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Too late. Shellys should have been settled first.
You may now need to go for a big expensive adult shelly to stand any chance with your other fish.

Its pretty interesting to see your fish hunting each other but it sure can it be expensive. :D

Oops jumped the gun. But hey eels with shellys is a bad mix! Those guys get all but the biggest shellys and give em **** (adults are not safe) even when established.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Add shellies first. Don't add the eel(s).

Always add the smalles/most fragile fish you want to keep first and let them get established. Then add bigger/more aggressive fish later. Also adding the larger fish when they are juveniles is a good idea as they grow up with a level of tolerance towards other fish. If you just drop in adults with other fish they might be dangerous with no way to alter their behavior.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts