Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He a lil guy- and was swimming around just fine. Now hes moving around with only his front fins- he cant move or flex his top or back fin.. did he break his spine or what>?? *** been looking and cant find anything on this..... anyone got any ideas. did he get beat up- break his spine-- or maybe some kind of disease??? any help would be great. he is in his own lil tank once i saw he was barely able to move he was getting picked on and removed him immediately.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is he swimming at the bottom of the tank and not moving around too much? Is he still eating? Any other typical bloat symptoms like white stringy feces? Does he looks like he's gasping for air at all? Have you checked the water parameters to ensure that the water quality is good?

These questions will help show any other symptoms to help diagnose a disease.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
The symptom of not swimming very well is too general to make any kind of diagnosis. My first guess would be that he's been injured from a fight with an other fish but that's just a guess. More information from you would help.

Robin

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for all the reply but poor fellow has passed. despite my best efforts to nurse him back...

not sure how to delete this post.
Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts