Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all of this happened within about a week. all my other fish are perfect as far as color and how they are behaving. my water is very hard (i live on a farm) if this makes a difference.

Gilbert is a jack dempsey and since hes turned white i have noticed these LARGE lumps on his tummy it kind of looks like cauliflower. none of my other fish have this problem but i took Gilbert out of the 90gal. and moved him to his own tank to see if it gets better and so it wont spread if its some kind of disease

i tried to get a picture of the lumps but he refuses to move from the bottom of the tank so you can only kind of see. he is starting to bloat really bad now as well.

and this is my take when he looked happy and healthy

·
Registered
78 Posts
WOW :eek: he/she? looks in really bad shape!...Is it possible he swallowed a stone, and has intestinal blockage?

just a un-educated guess, sorry...hope it pulls through!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Riceburner said:
Gilbert is a she. Not sure what the illness is.
Thats what I thought due to the lack of iridescent pronounced dots around the face and eyes because it has more short lines/blotches of iridescent color.

I have no clue as I am still learning, but could a stone be blocking the intestines? is it possible?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think gilbert has been fighting and her jaw is broken and her belly has become infected. I would put her a hospital tank and treat with antifungal treatment such as melafix and pimafix. I have lost fish that look similar but fish can always surpise you. Good luck!

·
Registered
78 Posts
belxavier420 said:
I think gilbert has been fighting and her jaw is broken and her belly has become infected. I would put her a hospital tank and treat with antifungal treatment such as melafix and pimafix. I have lost fish that look similar but fish can always surpise you. Good luck!
How is it you can tell the jaw is broken? (because after you said that it looks like her lower jaw juts out more)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts