Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month. I heaved up the gravel and i discovered 3 long, almost 1 inche, red like worm. They always hook the other part of their body to the mirror. I got 3 of them. Now, i cleaned again my whole tank. I again discovered worms like what i have mentioned!!!!! I am really shocked because i think i got 25 pieces of them!!!! :eek: :x What will i do???? Every week i change 25 percent of the water. i also remove the uneaten food on the gravel. Where did i go wrong??? I really don't want parasites in my aquarium. I visited a nearby petstore and gave me a parasite killer. I put the medications accurately but nothing happened. They get planty every time i heave the gravel. What do ineed to do??? Im really desperate to remove them. :-? :(

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
What was in the medication they gave you?

Try using a med with metronidazole or praziquantel in it, and see if this works.

I would also increase the size of your water changes to 40%, making sure you thoroughly churn and vacuum one side of the tank with each water change, this might help rather than just skimming the surface.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the name of the parasite killer they gave me is Ocean free. It has chinese words as the instructions and english words for translation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts