Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the guy I may buy them from is selling them due too a new job. there is 6 petros and 9 trophs and he want 100$ along with some food. do you think it is worth it?

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
matthew1884 said:
yeah the guy I may buy them from is selling them due too a new job. there is 6 petros and 9 trophs and he want 100$ along with some food. do you think it is worth it?
No. Unless you like saving what I guess is a lost caurse. Healthy ones are worth far more than that but in that condition he should pay you about $100 to take them. Personaly I would like to report the seller to some anti crulty group. :x

All the best James

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
matthew1884 said:
24Tropheus
do they look bad to you, he says the petros are juvies?
do the trophs look ok?
Some look real bad.
The shop I sometimes work in will take Tropheus that bad but as a service to the hobby but at no cost. We try and nurse the best of em back to health but they make a loss on it. The Petros look not much better to me but then those are tougher fish and a couple may survive given TLC.

All the best James

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the trophs and petros?

I would like to help him out by taking his fish but if you think they look bad I don't want to pay to help him.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
matthew1884 said:
the trophs and petros?

I would like to help him out by taking his fish but if you think they look bad I don't want to pay to help him.
I see one Tropheus that looks healthy and one Petro. A couple of others could be saved but they would need to be put on their own and given TLC individualy and may never form a group again.

Just too much damage to em I think. Very thin I can see bone structure and bulging eyes on most of em. And the risk that they may be already infected with opertunistic diseases is also great. Could cost a lot and take a very long time to get the savable ones healthy.

All the best James

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you very much james I think I may go look at them in person to see if they look any better than the video shows. if not then no and if they look somewhat ok I amy take them but not for 100.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think they could be saved. Its going to take some work, and about 4 feedings a day for a while but they can make it. THey are still grazing and showing interest in their surroundings which is the major thing. ONce they stop doing that is when I really worry.
Quarantine them all together and keep them as a group. THose orthos are still juvies but thats in your favor since then they could bounce back better. They should get to be over twice the size of those tropheus. THen you'll have a good shot identifying them further. I've had a couple tanks now with tropheus and petrochromis together and they are good companions for each other.

Me I'd go for it but then again I'm crazy that way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts