Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
sicklidz! said:
yup! i'd have to say it's mixed!!!!!maybe not....but it's not a lawanda
+1 You see a real Aulonocara sp. "Lwanda" and you know it. Far more gracefull looking than this guy. Sorry. Just a regular Aulonocara mix bred to look a bit like the true sp "Lawanda".
Sp. "Lwanda" TB start showing good colour as small as 11/2" and are hardish to breed which kind of makes em a target for the hybrid guys to coppy and hormone (get the colour in artificialy) other faster growing easier to breed Aulonocara hybrids.
Mind you if that is a coppy of the hybrid breeders they sure have not yet got anywhere near getting it right. :)

All the best James

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
24Tropheus said:
sicklidz! said:
yup! i'd have to say it's mixed!!!!!maybe not....but it's not a lawanda
+1 You see a real Aulonocara sp. "Lwanda" and you know it. Far more gracefull looking than this guy. Sorry. Just a regular Aulonocara mix bred to look a bit like the true sp "Lawanda".
Sp. "Lwanda" TB start showing good colour as small as 11/2" and are hardish to breed which kind of makes em a target for the hybrid guys to coppy and hormone (get the colour in artificialy) other faster growing easier to breed Aulonocara hybrids.
Mind you if that is a coppy of the hybrid breeders they sure have not yet got anywhere near getting it right. :)

All the best James
well its definitely not hormone's i know that for a fact im friends with the breeder a copy im not to sure about thanks for the info i still think hes a beautiful fish!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts