Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Definitely not a demasoni.

It is one of the Metriaclima zebra types I would think. Something like one of the Chilumba Chilumba's.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Definitely not a kenyi.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Looks Metriaclima to me .

I also thought Giant demasoni but there seems to be some lighter coloring at the edge of its finnage to say otherwise.

Whatever the species He looks Very Nice!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
i am trying to get a decent pic of a similar fish.... dont know what it is. females are paler blue w/stripes. also their dorsals seem to have a thin strip of yellow above the dark, where the male's thin strip is powder blue/whitish.
[/img]

·
Registered
34 Posts
with your clues above, i went back to the profiles, and think my fish are the zebra chilumba(mphanga). the male has 3 eggspots( 1 light blue , 2 yellow), and one of the females has 1 yellow egg spot ( she is holding)

dtek686 - check out the metriaclima sp. "zebra chilumba' (mphanga) & see if this is yr fish.

experts: does this sound right, given the markings i noted?

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Looks too much like a lot of Metriaclima I have seen to hazard a real good guess.
And from more than one species. Its kind of hard to pin down species let alone variant with these guys.
My best guess Metriclima zebra Chiofu or prob one with slightly less yellow but for sure can not rule out Metriaclima fainzilberi Matema or some others.

If there is one thing you want labelled up right when you buy its a BB Metriaclima with a bit of yellow. :oops: :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts