Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi cichlidforum, been while since *** posted here. Anyway i tore down my 120g african tank. I want to have a tank with big fish with big personality. My male lab was the closest to personal with me. Anyway i want some big fish in here.

How many do u think i can put in a 60x18x27 tank. i was thinking maybe 2-3 and a couple of smaller fish for contrast. Any suggestions would be great.

Also im not looking for anything specifc, just something that will take the food from my hand or recognize me from other people in the room. :lol:

·
Registered
356 Posts
oscars have great personalities and interact well with their owners. my gt comes to the glass everytime i enter the room and i hand feed him earthworms.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Like Dan said an Oscar's have a great personality, when i feed mine i always give it a stroke! Soon i recon i can lift him out the tank.

As for little fish that wont get eaten i surgest giant danios, love these guys and provide great contrast to the tank, make sure you get them faily big for if you get your 2-3 oscar but frankly i recon they are faster anyway, well mine can excape. They also clean up the mess that the oscar makes eating.

·
Registered
308 Posts
O yes i would go with an Oscar a gt and a texas just because this are some of my favorite my Oscar was only 4" when he died but with 4 days of owning him he was already eating out of my hand and he taught all my other fish do do it to it was pretty cool

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oscars sound great. How many can i put in my tank. With the dimensions i gave: 60x18x27 im guessing my tank is around 120g.

Also giant danios sound nice but how bout silver dollars? I heard they are nice as well but are they just as active as the danios?

·
Registered
308 Posts
im not an oscar expert but id put like 2 or 3 but *** heard they dont always do well together u could also get a chocolate cichlid with it

·
Registered
153 Posts
Markoi said:
Oscars sound great. How many can i put in my tank. With the dimensions i gave: 60x18x27 im guessing my tank is around 120g.

Also giant danios sound nice but how bout silver dollars? I heard they are nice as well but are they just as active as the danios?
I probs wouldnt recommend having 2 or more, it depends if you get lucky or not, i have seen people on different sites have good sucess with just having an oscar and a chocolate cichlid, both growing to 12"+

Giant danios i would say are more active, i would also say they are easier to feed as they will just eat the mess that the oscar makes chewing, one big reason for me having them was they dont take up much room in the tank but they have a big effect.

Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts