Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be building a large Tank early Spring and wonder what people suggest for Stock.
So far I will be adding my 6 wild Congo Calvus, a ton of Multi's and around 30 cyprichromis but need some others to fill the tank. I am also thinking of dream cichlids but forget there name. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Oh and I hope to have no cross breeding in the tank. I also will be building a large rock wall on the back.

I do have a nice group of wild red moliro Tropheus but don't think I want to add them to the tank.

What does everyone think

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ditch the Multis and Calvus

That size tank deserves Furcifer or Foai
With Kilesa, Melanogenys, Ochrogenys or another sand sifter
those cyps you have

And probably fit some rocky areas for Gobies, Julies etc. rock dwellers

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have been seriously thinking about building a tank that size, and have similar thoughts for stock. I was thinking about gold head compressiceps, ocellatus, lepidiolamp. hecqui, and cyps. I would see how these work out and then think about adding a julidocromis species, a sand sifter species, or both.

I think there should be no cross breeding with a list like that, and if the tank is laid out carefully to provide the proper territories, I don't think there should be too much compatibility issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts