Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 feet long X 2 feet wide X 2.5 feet tall

As title says "What to stock in my 180 tank?"

Just sold off my Male Hap/Malawi/Peacock set-up due to too much aggression and hassle.

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
If somebody gave me a 180G right now, and my wife stopped threatening to divorce me if I set up one more tank, I'd probably stock it with turtles :lol:

Kidding aside, there are gazillions of options to stock a tank that size with cichlids. There is no way for anybody else to guess what you might like best, but here are my top 10 in no particular order:

1. Frontosa
2. Tropheus or Petrochromis
3. Lake Tanganyika community (eg. one type each of Cyps, Sandsifters, Rockdwellers, Shellies)
4. Mbuna
5. Geophagus
6. Discus
7. Oscars
8. Central Americans
9. Lake Victoria
10. African River

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually just got into turts. I have (3) 2010 diamondback terrapins 2 concentric and 1 reg. northern in a 20H, looking to upgrade to a 50-breeder soon. I told my wife if the fish don't pan out the turts can have the tank. I am leaning toward discus, itching to get something now that the tank is empty.

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
Not to derail this forum completely into turtles, but I really like the plywood top you build for the tank to create room for a basking area :thumb:

The basking area itself may be large enough now, but you probably know it will have to be larger when the turtles grow. I trust you have both UV-A and UV-B light for the basking :wink:

All that said, I am sure the turtles would appreciate the 180G :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts