Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 125 gallon 6 ft and I'm not sure what to stock in it. I want to keep it a Tang. community set up. The tank isn't set up yet. I'm waiting till I get my carpet installed.

I'm not using rocks to aquascape. I have enough African rootwood (swahalla) to fill the tank up. It will have lots of crevisus and places to hide.

I have a school of 12 Syno Petricola AKA Luciapinnis and 1 Syno Alberti in a holding tank.

I'm not sure what kind of cichlid to stock.

I like the feather fins (Furcifer) but I'm not sure they'd work in my set up. I don't have sand but would like to keep them for non breeding purposes. Would they work?

If the feather fins wont work I was thinking a colony of Juli transcriptus, some Neo. Signatus, and 1 Neo Tretosephilus.

·
Super Moderator
40,485 Posts
You can see what I have in the same size tank in my signature. I got rid of my single tret, he hid all the time and caused trouble.

You probably want both sand and the absence of synodontis for furcifers...I hear the sand sifters like the whole bottom to themselves if possible.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Darkside said:
Synos are ok with FFs because they have different periods of activity.
Agreed to a point, they can bug the sleeping furcifers/foai at night. I have kept multis with foai and had a bad experience but then tried petricolas with some differnt foai later down the road and they were fine. The multi's started to nip the fins of the males when the males were sleeping.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Featherfins work with cyps and that is about it. If you want featherfins you can't keep many other types of cichlids. They are feisty amongst themselves but wimp out with most cichlids and are pestered to death - sometimes literally.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
punman said:
Featherfins work with cyps and that is about it. If you want featherfins you can't keep many other types of cichlids. They are feisty amongst themselves but wimp out with most cichlids and are pestered to death - sometimes literally.
Have you tried O. ventralis? They're aggressive towards everything. :p

·
Registered
790 Posts
Darkside said:
punman said:
Have you tried O. ventralis? They're aggressive towards everything. :p
I've had mpimbwe vents and they were crazy mean. But that was my only experience with ventralis. I only had them with some gold occies, never tried them with syds though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts