Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what the type of this fish is. At first I thought some kind of peacock OR a pseudotropheus elongatus yellow tail
Also he is not eating much. nothing has changed in the aquarium recently. When I feed the fish all of them rush to the feeding area (he used too). Now he stays put or goes to the opposite side. I'm feeding north fin cichlid pelettes medium size. But when throw in a cube spurlina with brime shrimp he does go after it quickly and eats whatever he can grab. I don't see any signs of illness or fin damage. He used to be the boss of the tank but is more timid for a week or so.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,520 Posts
He seems a little on the heavy side. If someone else is now boss, maybe he is just laying low. Where does he hang out in the tank now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he used to always hang out inside a decorative piece of drift wood that has openings on 4 sides a roof but no bottom. he would dig all the gravel out. it was his territory. now all the fish share that spot. Now most of the time he is swimming with the rest of the fish in the middle or bottom. but as I said at feeding time he is usually on the opposite side. I used to have a signature that listed all the fish I have. I had another account under the name jgrillout but forgot the password and have not been able to reset it so I created a new account. I have sent a few messages asking if that account could be recovered.I was wondering that since your the moderator you could help with that?
I have a 75 gallon with ...

Blue Johanni
Female Melanochromis auratus
Bumblebee Cichlid
Demasoni
Venustus Cichlid
German Red Peacock
Tropheus Duboisi
Synodontis Multipunctatus Catfish

Finally, the Demasoni is around 6 months old. I was expecting him to be the size of the one in you profile pic (I'm assuming that is a Demasoni too) He was only about an inch long when I got him now he is a maybe 1.5 inches. he is only about an .75 inches tall. I was expecting him to be the size of yours. I bought some other fish the same time and they have outgrown him. why is he so little? are there some Demasoni that are smaller than others?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Demasoni are small fish; they get to about 3 to 3 1/2 inches in length and take awhile to get there. I have a Demasoni species tank and have some that are 6 months old that were born in the tank and only about 1 1/2 long.

·
Super Moderator
40,520 Posts
I would isolate him in a hospital tank and see if he will eat when he has no other tank mates.

I would also work on your stocking. You have multiple blue barred fish and some that are too large for a 75G. Are they all male?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts