Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me myself I have haps an peacocks ,now I set my daughter up a mbuna tank,,,I like both of them,but my eyes always caught on the haps an peacocks .

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O yeah man I hear ya. :fish:

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
I currently have two large tanks - both mbuna, but I'm secretly thinking of trying an all-male hap & peacock setup in my 125...maybe that will be a summer project.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I will have to say I have both tank set ups 125gallon Hap/Peacock and 75 gallon Mbuna zebras I like to look at both but the Hap/Peacock seems to get more of my attention

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
I have both and if I had to choose, I'd go with the mbuna. I like the haps/peacocks because they are newer to me and each fish is unique. But you just can't beat the mbuna colors. :thumb:

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a majority all male hap/peacocks with a few mbunas in there. I prefer the hap/peacock mix. Each fish are so unique in personality plus they are much mellower and less aggressive.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My first tank was mbuna, still have it running too. I really like the mbuna tank, but I think I'm more proud of my Peacock/Hap all male setup. The colors are just amazing. That being said, Hara (mbuna) are probably still my favorite species. A lot of that has to do with the fact I have been keeping them the longest though. I do feel there is more variety in peacocks/haps. IMO most mbuna are very similar making it hard to find a variety of tank mates. Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE my mbuna tank. It's the only one in my living room on display.

Myself, I like having variety. I have tanks from Malawi (mbuna, peacock, haps) and I also have a Victorian tank. Working on getting my Tang setup as we speak. Next up, maybe some shellies and eventually a CA/SA. Eventually I want to get a SW tank setup, but everytime I get a new tank I can't help but always 'need' another tank and put more Africans in it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah,yeah,yeah I know what u guys mean,my first african tank was mbunas, :fish: but I also like tangs myself to but Im a lake malawi man for sure hands down.an Haps an peacocks :thumb:

·
Registered
587 Posts
For me, haps and peacocks over mbunas. They are more appealing IMO and it shows especially when you are at a LFS on a busy weekend. I observe and find more eyes are attracted to the peacocks and haps. It's not the price that make them attractive either! :lol: I like the average sizes of them and their shapes.

As well, peacocks and haps seem to increase in value as they age to become adults over mbunas. I find this extremely appealing. Nothing against mbunas - I still think demasoni and yellow labs are awesome!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah for sure,you can't forget about the yellow labs an demasoni,that's added to my haps tank,can't have nothing without adding the yelow labs to it,they stands out. :fish:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a very expensive all male 100g hap/peacock tank at the moment...and I thoroughly enjoy it. The fish are vibrant and large and everything I look for. That being said for some odd reason it has ended up being more work then my 29g mbuna tank. That one was fun and more set and forget.

Ideally, I would have both :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I started a Mbuna tank at first because it was easier to figure out the species of the fish and I did not have a trusted supplier, but now that I do I am more attached to Peacocks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts