Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am moving in two weeks and will be splitting the stock in my 75gal to a 60gal and the 75gal... I was thinking of putting my Deep Water Haps in the 60gal with possibly a peacock species of some sort... I dont want to keep them where they are now because they seem to be too gentle compared to my Taiwan Reef fish. The Taiwan Reef fish will be kept in the 75gal with either one or two species of peacocks or maybe another hap? Any ideas?

p.s. My Taiwan Reef male is agressive probably because he is breeding. The Deep Water Hap male has 3 females he could breed with, but the Taiwan Reef likes to pick on him :/

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and also, one of the peacock species I was planning on putting with the Taiwan Reef was a Lemon Jake because I already have a pair of them now... i was thinking maybe something red to go with the deep water haps... I think that would be cool, red and blue :p

·
Super Moderator
40,499 Posts
What are the dimensions of the 60G?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ummm, it is 4ft long, 1.5ft wide and pretty tall... maybe 2.5 ft, not totally positive. Its the same height and length of my 75 gal tank, just nowhere near as wide.

·
Super Moderator
40,499 Posts
Hmmm, well 48" x 18" is the footprint of a 75G so maybe your tank is 48" x 12"?

How about Placidochromis electra and Aulonocara baenschi?

·
Registered
623 Posts
well my 90 gallon is 48 x 18 x 24 so your dimensions are a little bit off. theres calculators on the internet just enter the dimensions they will do the rest.

maybe some ruby red peacocks? theyre not overly aggressive i find and have that red blue look.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so basically you think I should go with the Deep Water Haps with a Lemon Jake lookin cichlid? :) The ones that I have seem to be pretty mild.

What do you think would look good with the Taiwan Reefs? I might have to go with some ruby red peacocks, and maybe one of the bluish/black peacocks? I forgot their names... How do you think that would look?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts