Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have 5 young fish and 3 very small babies. One of the mating pair is a yellow lab however the other one I have no idea what it is. I attached a photo. Just trying to figure out what species the babies are considered. Thanks. Any info is helpful. I think the baby situation in my tank may get out of hand quickly as this has all happened in the last 2 months.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The babies are considered hybrids, not of any single species. However, you are in luck, as the fish in the above photo is an OB Peacock, which is also a hybrid. If the fry get his looks, then you have no problem; they are even sellable. However, if they look too much like the yellow lab, they aren't good for much of anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently I just have fish then lol. The fish in the original photo you said is an ob peacock was born in the tank about a year ago, when I had an orange peacock in the tank. It was the only baby I noticed then and managed to survive. Now it's started mating with the yellow lab. I'm also trying to figure out which one is the male and which one is the female.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Munsberger said:
Apparently I just have fish then lol. The fish in the original photo you said is an ob peacock was born in the tank about a year ago, when I had an orange peacock in the tank. It was the only baby I noticed then and managed to survive. Now it's started mating with the yellow lab. I'm also trying to figure out which one is the male and which one is the female.
Did you notice either fish not eating for 3 weeks or more? That one would be the female.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The yellow lab must be the female then I'm guessing as I very rarely see that fish even come out from inside that hut in the photo. I thought the female was the ob peacock because it's belly seemed to be swollen a bit like a week ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.