Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 gallon tank. I posted similar topic before but was wrong about the fish I had in it. I am wanting a mixed tank with males and females. Right now I have 2 male c. Afra of some sort, 1m. Yellow lab,1p.socofolio not sure of the sex, 1 yellow tail acei female I think. 2 m.Estherae (cherry red zebras)I think 1m& 1f. And 1m p.crabro.he's gonna go. Everyone says stick to 4 species with a 1m to 4f ratio are there any of these that I should have better luck with? Suggestions please.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I would keep Labs, Afras, Acei, and Zebras OR Socofolio. Zebras will be more aggressive I believe. And like you said get some more of each and shoot for the proper ratio of M/F.

Good luck.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Cbone said:
Right now I have 2 male c. Afra of some sort, 1m. Yellow lab,1p.socofolio not sure of the sex, 1 yellow tail acei female I think. 2 m.Estherae (cherry red zebras)I think 1m& 1f. And 1m p.crabro.he's gonna go. Everyone says stick to 4 species with a 1m to 4f ratio are there any of these that I should have better luck with? Suggestions please.
I would do Afra (though I'd only keep one male), Socolofi, Acei, and Labs or Red zebras.

If you keep the Afra and Socolofi--that's a lot of blue; I would pick one or the other. Though, Socolofi are a solid blue and Afra is a blue-barred...so it should be OK (I've heard that they won't fight as much as two blue-barred species would).

And I say not labs and red zebras because they'll hybridize and you can't keep any fry.

The crabro is definitely too aggressive to keep, so good idea there to re-home him.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Oh, if the Soc is albino, then you shouldn't have any problems. Afra can be tame or scrappy-- just depends on what they're put in with.

I'd still do what I said before. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks that's what I thought. Going to get ride of the cherry reds and the bumblebee just have to catch them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts