Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just back into cichlids and decided to go with mild mbuna's in a 75 gal tank. So far I have 5 Labidochromis Sp Hongi and 5 Cynotilapia Afra Cobue. I almost got some Acei but the deal fell through.

But now I have decided that I would really like to get some Peacocks again.
Any suggestions for a tough, yet colorful Peacock? I have already had Rubesences and Ngara Flametails.

Gracias

·
Super Moderator
40,883 Posts
I would not classify hongi as mild. :thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really, I thought the Afras were more belligerent. I appreciate the input and will have consider carefully what I get

·
Super Moderator
40,883 Posts
Afra, especially the cobue have a rep for being timid to the point where they may fail to color unless they are dominant in the tank.

I'd try them with peacocks. But I would feel differently about the hongi.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The toughest peacock would be no doubt in my mind... the OB peacock.. they will have no problem holding their own and still maintain a whole lot of color in the tank... they also have a variety of color choices so you should have no problem finding the color combination that you like most.

Here are a few pics to show you the color choices..

G

·
yea my ob peacocks are mean...i have an ob peacock holding right now and i live in jersey you are more than welcome to some fry when she spits if you like

G

·
lol those are def more intense than most ob peacocks *** seen.. those almost look like an ob peacock crossed with a german red or something

·
Registered
127 Posts
G

·
also firefish.. they are quite mean... i have a strawberry (kinda orangeish not real bright pink) and a same size ob that got along ok not trying to kill each other.. then i put a real pink firefish in lil bit bigger and it was nonstop fighting circling and liplocking with the ob and the strawberry i had to take him out and put him in my friends Mbuna tank and now he's fine.. and my tank went back to normal... kinda sucks cuz he is a gorgeous bright pink fish(if you're into that kinda thing) lol i have a whole group of er jakes growing out i hope they dont get too mean before i can get rid of most of them.. i have them in with lethrinops sp nyassae i was hoping to keep both in there to breed but now im thinkin the jakes might be too nasty to keep with the more peaceful haps.. i guess ill wait to see what happens

1 - 12 of 12 Posts