Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to choose one aspect of cichlid keeping to be your favorite, what would it be?
Simply kicking back and watching the fish2853.85%
Breeding them59.62%
Feeding them11.92%
Tinkering with gadgets11.92%
Tank maintenance35.77%
Discussing the hobby on Cichlid-Forum00.00%
Attending club meetings / swap meets23.85%
Collecting as many species as possible47.69%
Other â€" please describe815.38%

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Hard to pin it down for me. It's between kicking back and watching them and collecting as many as I can. I like seeing how all the different species and genus act and interact.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I chose other because I like to create a planted environment around the fish.

When I rescape I continue with the fish I have unlike many aquascapers who get different fish to compliment each different scape.

Then I sit back and watch the fish (and the scape)

I guess I could put it in as tank maintenance if that includes scaping?.

Andy

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
I am with Supercoley 1 , my favorite thing is designing/creating the tank, aquascaping, selecting fish, rocks, etc. Cich of it all, you can come to my house and do the maintenance any time!

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
Nah, you've got MTS and that's the last thing I need. Can you imagine someone who likes to design new tanks and hates maintaining them with MTS??? I stick with the four I have and just rotate redesigning them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would have to say all of the above to me it is like collecting sports cards when you were a kid constantly striving to collect all of them and the excitement of finding that really rare fish that you always drooled over. Then after that comes the breeding, feeding and so on also a little boasting about your latest find to get your friends a little flustered while waiting for the first spawn, but it's all in fun. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts