Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a tank that contains five yellow labs of approx 1 inch each, all eat fine and water parameters all correct.
They have been in the tank for about 4 months now.

Over the last 4 weeks or so I have noticed x2 of the fish with red at the base of their pectoral fins and what I can only describe as red stitching just under their dorsal fin that runs around the arch.

I assumed scepticemia and have been treating with kanaplex and metroplex in there food and also dosing the tank with just kanaplex. I've done three rounds now and nothing has changed.

I've also added Epsom salt to the tank.

Living in the UK it takes about 4 weeks to get meds from the states.

What else can I try that is likely to work..?

Would Esha Hexamita work, this contains copper sulphate, acriflavine and methylene Blue..?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I doubt septicemia, that generally leads to death rather quickly. Now, I can't tell you what's wrong, maybe nothing. Good water parameters and good appetite are two positives that indicate no issues. However, a problem may arise by throwing an array of meds at the tank, and not having a solid diagnosis of any potential problem. For now I suggest keep water clean and leave them be.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure whats going on..?
The fish in my main tank are all now showing the same symptoms as some of the fish in my juvi tank.
Red inflamed base of pectoral and red stitching under dorsal fin.
All fish are eating and poo is normal

Meds I've tried
Kanaplex
Metroplex
Hesha heximita

No change with any of the above.

I managed to get in touch with aquarium Coop and they suggestion trying Maracyn 1
If I try this will it mess with nitrogen cycle..?

From what i can gather the meds I have tried were for gram negative diseases and maracyn is for gram positive diseases.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts