Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am thinking of getting a subscription but want to know which is better?

I do enjoy reading more about cichlids so which one usually has more about cichlids?

·
Registered
716 Posts
They're both owned by the same corporation, Bow Tie...so in many ways they can be very similar although FAMA tends to be more technical. I suscribe to Aquarium Fish but not FAMA (that one I pick up at my local bookstore if it's interesting). Another good mag I suscribe to is Tropical Fish Hobbyist. In fact if I could only get one mag, it would be TFH. They tend to have a bit more on cichlids but still have enough on salt and other fish to keep me interested. I know there is a mag called Cichlid News but I have only seen that at one of my fav fish stores (it was kinda pricey too like $6 or $7 an issue), and I think that comes out like every other month or so.

HTH :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
I suscribe to Aquarium Fish magazine and i've found a few mistakes when they talk about cichlids.

One of their mistakes in the latest issue:

It shows a pic of a holding Metriaclima estherae and directly below it says:
"To be in the best health, fish should have their preferred water conditions. Malawi cichlids, such as Pseudotropheus zebra, like softer water with a low pH."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts