Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Lake in Africa did you start with first?
Lake Malawi4169.49%
Lake Tanganyika1627.12%
Lake Victoria23.39%
Other00.00%

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I started with fish from Lake Malawi & now I'm mostly into tanganyikans. I'm just wondering what lake the majority of people start with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
started with malawi and just set-up a 75 gallon which i will make a tang set-up with a few peacocks. i hope it works out with the peacock cuz they soo nice.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I now have a malawi tank(a 135 with dolphins), and a 125 with fronts, tanganyika of course

herb

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i actually kept tangs first.
i didt like malawi's. they didt look very fun to keep.
i got into shelldwellers from a friend of mine(thanks) and im still looking for some more

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was originally planning on malawis but I caught tanginitis (i just made that up. Dorky, I know) :lol: I just like the tang personality. Plus, shellies rock and gobies look so cute.

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
Malawi first, and probably last. But I've gotten into Tangs, and will be giving them the 6 foot tank the first of the year.

I seem to need to make some sort of a major change annually. I see haps/peacocks on my horizon as well as marine! But I'm going to try to stick with 3 show tanks and rotate instead of adding more and more and more...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think more people start with malawi because they are more availible,once their hooked they turn to the rarer fish.In my own experience and humble opinion of course. :thumb:

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
Did SA for years and years, started with Tang. in Africans - bad results with brichardi, lelupi and calvus - now I've got some gold ocellatus and firefin comps....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts