Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me figure out this fish. Sort of looks like a Taiwan reef but Taiwan's have horizontal stripes not vertical.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
:eek: ! How big/ small is this fish? yeah, seems to have been dosed with artificially hormones giving it those unnaturally long brilliant fins.

I would guess a Chilotilpaia species. Not really called a "Peacock", unless the term "Peacock" applies to the unnatural mystery hormoned fish that are commonly sold now.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
:eek: ! How big/ small is this fish? yeah, seems to have been dosed with artificially hormones giving it those unnaturally long brilliant fins.

I would guess a Chilotilpaia species. Unless it is some Red Empress hybrid. Not really called a "Peacock", unless the term "Peacock" applies to the unnatural mystery hormoned fish that are commonly sold now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I wondered if it was hormoned. The person I get it from has always been really reliable so I was a little surprised. This fish is about 2 inches. So being hormoned chances are he will color right down.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
noki said:

I would guess a Chilotilpaia species. Unless it is some Red Empress hybrid. Not really called a "Peacock", unless the term "Peacock" applies to the unnatural mystery hormoned fish that are commonly sold now.
It does kind of resemble euchilus alittle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts