Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got her in a lfs who had two tanks of mixed African cichlids, that I was specifically told were all labeled and bagged separately upon arrival. I was just wondering cause I thought it was a electric blue of some kind but now I know a little more than than, so I think not. Is she some kind of peacock? I figured I would ask people who have much more experience with cichlids

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Some sort of Copidichromis. Impossible to tell with just a blurry pic of an uncolored fish.

Not Aulonocara. Not Scienochromis. Not sure why the faint barring. May not be a "her". Any shiny color in the face or dorsal?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heres a better shot of her(or him) I have had this fish for awhile now(one of my first 4) and it has not colored up. And both my Large yellow lab and my electric blue have taken a fancy to it. I guess thats why i thought female. thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also does the fish you mention take awhile to color up? I can see faint colorof red on the end of the dorsel as well all a yellow band at the top of it

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya it does have a blue hue, blueish grey i guess. I tried to use pictures that represented the true fish color best. Ok so I just looked at it again and the spots on its side disappeared but where there yesterday?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
There are a few blue Copadichromis. Azureus and Chrysonotus to name a few..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts