Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

To make a long story short, my new FH chased him for a straight 2 days, he got scratched up pretty good, i took my oscar out and put him into a 10g tank w medication for a few days until he heals up, then i plan on moving my FH.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Seems the Oscar has been seriously injured by the other fish and you're main concern now is to get it healed up before it gets infected. Perfect water conditions and Melafix will help speed healing. If you notice the injured area getting larger, edged with red or white fuzzy growth then you may need to switch to an antibiotic. Under no circumstances should the Oscar be housed with the FH again--but I think you already know that. :)

Additionally I would keep the Oscar in the ten gallon until he's completely healed.

Are you looking to find tankmates for the Oscar? If so then I would post a question in the Oscar folder and see what they suggest.

Good luck with the healing process.

Robin

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he's already got tank mates in the other 55 gallon tank, just the FH was his problem, he was the boss until the FH

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I would still keep him in the 10G as Robin suggested.

In his weakened state from the injury, the other fish may pick on him. Plus, should he develop a bacterial infection from the wound, it could be passed on to the other fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts