Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have this bumblebee cichlid he did fine for about 3 weeks after I brought him home to a tank that is been established for about 6 months been cycled do proper feedings (he still hasn't lost his appetite) have temp about 79 degrees he has 3 other cichlids and a sucking loach in the tank with him i seen this pop up on him and I took him out immediately and put him in quarantine tank that is properly set up cycled and all I treated for ich and hasn't gone away he doesn't seem like it bothers him but I'm at a loss

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,840 Posts
It does not look like Ich at all, more like either an injury or possibly swelling. Can you post the exact water parameters of both tanks please?

Have you noticed what his feces look like? Normal and food colored, thready and whitish colored or something else?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything seems normal as far as that goes I have the master kit and the ph in both is around 8 and the ammonia is 0 the nitrite is 0 and the nitrate is 20ppm

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
This is a pretty large aggressive fish. He may not do well long term with only 3 other cichlids in the tank with him. What are the dimensions of your main tank?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one they are in now is a 40 long I have a 60 gal I planned on upgrading them to he is in there with a jack dempsy female and I'm pretty sure a convict female and an ob blotch zebra

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
For bumblebees I would do 75G 48x18 or larger, maybe 1m:7f, and maybe the same for the OB Zebra.

Maybe the 60G will work for a separate tank for the Dempsey? What are the dimensions of the 60G?

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
I would plan something else for the bumblebee or rehome him when/if he recovers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts