Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what he is doing but I thought it was maybe a mating dance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought so too but he is literally the only one doing it so wasn't sure. He seems attracted to my red zebra which I know hybrids are a no no but I'm not getting in the way. My tank is stocked with uniquely different fish lol

·
Super Moderator
40,529 Posts
He is frustrated he can't get through the glass and GET that other fish. He is not trying to spawn in that pic.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DJRansome said:
He is frustrated he can't get through the glass and GET that other fish. He is not trying to spawn in that pic.
Okay thanks just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything to be worried about haha. So it's also not any form of dance for the other fish he is trying to get to notice him?

·
Super Moderator
40,529 Posts
No he is showing aggression. The wiggle is an attempt to propel himself through the glass, he can't see the barrier so he can't understand it. The spawning move is more of a circle with another fish and a spasm at one point in each circle.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much for this. I've only been at the hobby for about 7 months so still learning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.