4+ to 6 years418.18%
6+ to 9 years29.09%
9+ to nn years29.09%

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What is the approximate age of your oldest Tanganyikan fish
add photos of your oldest Tang fish, enter comments, enter poll for approximate age...
The total years is how long have you had the fish + how old you thought the fish was when you got it.... (approximate age) .....

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Can I count my Synodontis. :lol: He is a wildcaught male, picked up in 1981. He is at least 28 years old by my count.

I have an Altolamprologus calvus Black Pectoral/Inkin fin... I've had him for six years now, and he was a wildcaught adult at 5" when I picked him up, so he is probably eight years old.

I also have a Wild caught Neolamprologus buescheri Gombe. Another wildcaught specimen who I picked up in 2001. He is likely about Nine years old. Pictures of him in the buescheri article.
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/n_buescheri.php

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
lol, synodontis counts, after all, they are cat-FISH
mine is a leleupi 3+years lol

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
What Syno species?? I've got a 5 yr old S. multipunctatus that I'd love to see 20 years from now! :D

As for cichlids: I had a mass exodus a few years back, so nothing too old. From my best estimation of receiving adult gobies and cyps in 2005, my oldest fish are ~ 4 years. I've lost 2 of the original cyps, no obvious disease, and I've lost my goby females. The widowers are still hanging out, but the goby girls didn't make it beyond 3 years in captivity. I adopted some calvus that are now almost 5 years old, according to their original keeper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.