Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like there are fish trends. What fish do you think are currently in vogue?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi there!

Down here in Sydney certainly in terms of cichlids it's all Demasoni and Cobalt Blue's. They are the most commonly found and bought in the LFS that I regularly visit, along of course with the ever-favourite Yellow Lab.

Over the last year I've also seen a whole lot of Maingano's in a few eastern suburbs shops, but that may be a more local phenomenon and driven by someone breeding them super-successfully in the area.

After those 'high-volume' ones then you get to the usual mix of Afras, Acei, Moorii, Mbamba, etc

·
Registered
48 Posts
As for peacocks it seems that "Dragon bloods" are the in fish righht now.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
the freshwater stingray groups are ready for their turn, and if bigger tanks keep selling, it's a given. IMO. motoro morphs are already getting groovy names. like tiger, marble, etc...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Here in my little corner of the globe , Viejas are the big sellers . People are buying them like wildfire. And quite a few are ending up back at the LFS as well. As for africans , Peacocks and Haps are the flavor of the day.

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
Cynotilapia sp. hara Gallireya Reef!

·
Registered
112 Posts
at the lfs I work at, oddly enough, it's convicts :roll:

in second comes bolivian rams, then oscars, then german blue rams, then electric blue johaniis and auratus.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
TheeMon said:
see i wish i knew the "in" fish at any given time, id be breeding that fish...
i believe we're behind europe by about 5 years if that helps. :lol: another good indicator is the IUCN, but they post their favorites too late for most of us to stock.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Between the two forums I visit most it seems like the bolivian ram and german blue ram are the two favorites at the moment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts