·
Banned
2,109 Posts
My Mbuna love it.. That being said, they will eat anything... :thumb:

Has worked well for me...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I will say I was skeptical on how much of a difference a fish food would make for my fish, but I tried a jar and whether it is coincidence or not just seems the color of my fish is better, they are more active, and not hiding in the rocks as much. Also seem to be growing faster that they were before on other brands of pellets and flake.

Like I said I dont know if they were at the verge of growth spurt of something that brought out the color, size and activity but I will be sticking with it even though I have to order it online unless I wanna drive a couple hours. I still feed them Omega One Flake food to change it up but they literally are poking their heads out of the water at feeding time now.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Since I find no way to tell which is better since there are so many variables, I just go with feeding a variety of foods. Looking at the contents on the side of foods give one the idea that there is little difference so I feel it okay to just go with the thought that most fish get far more food than they need and vary what they do get. If I short them on quality , they will get it the next day! And they also are less picky about it. They all hit the top like vultures.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
is it good
I've fed it exclusively to all of my tanganyikans and now west africans. I've been using it for years and am very satisifed that it contains all they need, and that they can thrive on it alone.

·
Registered
464 Posts
This stuff does make a difference I use it as well but i also fee Spurnlia Flake at night.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Surprising more dealers/LFS's carry it, I have looked at a couple brick&mortar places as well as the chin stores to no avail. :(

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
JimA said:
Surprising more dealers/LFS's carry it, I have looked at a couple brick&mortar places as well as the chin stores to no avail. :(
I hear ya there. Closest place to me that carries it is about an hour drive so I am forced to order online or grab it while I can if I head that way for something else.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It just got to my area about 6 months ago. My fish love it too. It really does bring the color out in them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
+1 NLS for my marine and freshies , i even feed my betta nls betta formula. :) they also make a goldfish form too. But to each their own. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Don't want to Hijack thread but....can you feed NLS to vegetarians, omnivores and carnivores?

·
Registered
162 Posts
juststayinthecave said:
Don't want to Hijack thread but....can you feed NLS to vegetarians, omnivores and carnivores?
Yes, this is one of the reasons it is so popular you don't have to buy 5 or 6 different foods for all of your fish.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Go for it. I feed it to tropheus with no problems - that is all my African cichlids get.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.