Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I'm looking for a new heater and wondering what is the most reliable and safe for fish. I've been looking at the eheim jager and marineland visi-therm. Would love to hear what you guys use and suggest.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Fairly happy with my Eheim Jager, only complaint is it's a bit difficult to physically turn the adjustment ring. Then again, so is my visi-therm and stealth.
Also, check the reviews section.

·
Banned
406 Posts
Hydor ETH200 or 300

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have three Fluval Tronics (2x200W and 1x300W) and they are superb.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/reviews/vi ... php?id=422

Never had one fail, and they keep the tank temperature spot-on :thumb:

I was looking for a "small" heater for my Nano tank and was surprised to find the 50W Tronic is shorter than many so-called "mini heaters"....so looks like another one will be on order :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I'll check out the reviews section. Should have done that earlier.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I used to swear by Ebo Jager but the last couple of Eheim Jager's I've had took a dump on me so I'm a little leary of getting another. I've been reading some pretty good reviews on the Rena Smartheater so I think I'm going to give it a shot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pretty soon Im taking back my stealth and plan on getting a rena smartheater. I havent found any bad reviews on them yet, after searching google...etc. The only thing is that they are pretty costly.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I use the Fluval E series with the LCD display of actual water temperature, :thumb: works great would never go back to Marineland Stealth Pro.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Best advice on heaters is to get a heater controller such as the ETCI Rancho unit from Jehmco.. and then add what ever heating element you like or size appropriate for your tank..

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
hydor eth heaters only work if you have a canister or sump return that fits the heater, it's an inline heater and can't be placed in a tank or sump

renas work best with a rena filter using it as the intake

i've heard the new aqueons are good

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
cichlid_baby said:
Best advice on heaters is to get a heater controller such as the ETCI Rancho unit from Jehmco.. and then add what ever heating element you like or size appropriate for your tank..
Expensive solution if you have multipole tanks. The hobby needs a heater that's both reliable and economical. First company to make one will do well. Right now they're all too easily susceptible to failure. I'm trying out the tetra's. So far, so good. Obviously, if you need to set a temp to something other than upper 70's, these won't help you.

·
Registered
355 Posts
What about the Aquaclear heaters?? They only have like 2 models but I haven't found a single review on the them. Did Hagen quit making the Tronic heaters cause I never tried one of them out. My Rena should be here in a few days but i still need 2 more heaters and the Rena 300w seem to be on backorder.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Not sure if ours are Smartheaters, but they're the Rena inline ones. They attatch over the filter intake. They work a treat. No complaints here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts