Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One or Two that i could put into a 33g tank, that would look awesome and grow fairly big..... I want to put it in my dining room, and want two or one cool fish, that would stand out...

suggestions...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
faily big & 33 gallon don't mix well.

I would say an Oscar, but he'll get big enough at some point to need a 75gallon.

Gotta give us a little more info on what you like :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am fairly new to these type of fish, so...I am more so looking for advice from you guys, I really like color, but I really like the oscars and dempseys.... I know they need big tanks, thats why I ask....

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
33 gallon is a bowfront, yes?

If I had that, I'd probably go with a small electric blue jack dempsey, they look really cool in my opinion.

He'd probably need a new home in a year or 2 though.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It could be a 33 long, 48x12x12.

·
Registered
392 Posts
A 33 bow is a little small for a wet-pet single fish set up. Depending on your water parameter you could try a single species harem group of dwarf mbuna. Pseudotropheus Saulosi immediately comes to mind as a beautiful and active choice. In a harem group you'll have 1 male who will be a bright blue with black barring and 3-4 females who will be a golden yellow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.