Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at this new LFS I found near me, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with identifying what cichlid it could be.

I'm 99.9% sure it was either a hap/peacock, they didnt have it labeled and I asked the owner and they said they weren't sure. It was priced at 40 bucks, and it was white, with red/orange specs on it.

Thanks for any help. :fish:

G

·
just by the description it sounds like an ob peacock... i have 3 one of them is very white... pic is def needed thou

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think its a variety of some peacock hybrid. Tried to put some pics up, but I think its a stawberry, or dragon blood peacock. Very beautiful fish tho lol :fish:

G

·
same fish... i bought it as a "red" malawi... but its def a strawberry or dragons blood peacock they call them... i think they are actually mixed with something that has albino genes to get that look.. it takes the same care as any other peacock

G

·
not yet.. ones a sub-adult male.. and the others a juvenile i think its a female thou.. i think im gonna give all my Mbuna to my girlfriends brother.. maybe keep like 3 or 4... that way i dont have to stress about their diets... and jus keep all my peacocks haps and lethintrops...none of the fish are overly aggressive with each other.. i mean they chase each other around but i havent had any real problems yet.. the cabrio (bumblebee) is kind of an A-hole and the small rust cichlid is too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts