Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
his colors are much more vivid than in the picture. hes very blue with dark blue stripes along his side.. the back of all his fins fade do a crimson red. hes VERY aggressive

yourwelcome jake

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
You know when I first saw the pic, I said vieja also, but couldn't find anything that quite matched up with it. The vertical barring isn't in any pics that I can find, at least not that pronounced. Here's some nice pics of vieja synspilum. The snout almost seems too elongated also, maybe a vieja cross?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Definately Veija/Paratheraps. Difficult to be absolutely certain with these types of fish as many species can be variable between individuals and also can have many distinct regional variants. Hybrids of these species do exist in the hobby, making it all the more confusing. I know it's not P. synspila. IMO, it has greatest similarity to Paratheraps sp."Coatzacoalas". Red coloration on the fins and overall blue coloration seem to fit.
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...m=1&hl=en&sa=X&rlz=1R2SUNC_enCA355&tbs=isch:1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.