Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just finishing what seems like a never ending project of getting my Malawi tank up and running. I haven’t put anything in yet, but my stocking list is:
Aulonocara Stuartgranti chilumba
Lodotropheus sprengerae
Labidochromis caeruleus
Pseudotropheus acei 'Ngara'
Pseudotropheus socolofi
Labidochromis sp Mbamba Bay
Pseudotropheus crabro

My question is this, other than a few Synodontis and a couple of Otos (of some type), what can I put in with them (excluding plecs)? I know people put clown loach (Botia Macracantha) in with them, but can’t say I fancy that myself.

The tank is 64â€

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
So are you looking for bottom feeders are you? (Catfish, Loaches and other cleaners)

Or are you asking what other fish you can mix in with your community like other Mbuna, Haps Peacocks etc

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Gibbs

probably not more fish. I'm happy with the selection I have made, so as you say catfish, loaches and other cleaners.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
There is always these guys

http://www.centralpets.com/animals/fish/freshwater_fish/fwf4610.html

As stated they do grow large very fast but you do have quite a large tank. Maybe try a one that is about 2 inch long.
My brother has one housed with Angels, silver sharks, Gouramis etc and is pretty tame. The only fish it killed was one of his own and he did that in the first few hours. They do an ok job of cleaning up but not as good as the pure catfish.

If not the Red tail shark will be ok also, even both if you like

1 - 5 of 5 Posts