·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to see your opinon

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Personally I think Rustys are under rated, beautiful and pretty easy going fish!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have recently started keeping Peacocks and they are beautiful! But. they have no where near the excitement and personality that the Mbuna have.

Peacocks and haps get the + on color
Mbuna get the + on personality and sort of color...
:thumb:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Beauty is just too subjective. Andrew is right on the Mbuna having the most personality, IMHO; but, something like Frontosa can be considered "pretty" despite their big, cumbersome foreheads. And some peeps find Tang's beautiful although I think they are the least attractive of the African lake cichlids.

Guess what I am saying is head over to the library, do GIS and find what YOU like!

If I had the room I would have tanks each with Mbuna, Victorians, Tropheus, Fronts and Haps. No chance of that ever happening though!

Let us know what you go with!

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have always wanted a front tank. Because, despite that big forehead, I love their look. However, I want to do it right, which means an 8ft tank <- not something you just set up over a weekend. :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I find that with Lake Malawi males, my favorites change from month to month. Thus, resulting in an ever revolving door with my stocklist. Why limit yourself to one? :D

Current Favs = Proto. Spilonotus Liuli, Fosso Rostratus, Plac. sp. Jalo, Otopharynx Litho Zrock

·
Registered
1,783 Posts

Some of my favorite males that really blow away any mbuna I have kept when they are in the mood:

And I have to say that male Vics are simply awesome - a couple of youngsters already fired up:

For those who say tangs aren't pretty, the fish I haven't kept, as I don't have a large enough tank in a quiet space, that would probably win a beauty contest hands down would be one of the larger feather fin males in their full glory - something like a Cyathopharynx foai (Karilani) for instance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.