Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just wanted to know what you feed your tropheus? I am fairly new to them and i'm currently feeding my first ever colony on spirlina flake. I started with 24 ikola and i'm now down to 18 but they seem to have settled in finally :thumb:

They seem to be growing very fast as when i got them in march i would have said they were about an inch long but the biggest is now 2" or just over in size :D

The other thing is why are these fish so addictive to keep cause already i want another colony or even more :)
Thanks for any feedback

Ricky

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
What food was the vendor feeding them before you got them?

I always recomend getting that food first, so that if your having a problem you know its not them no liking your food.

Once you have them good and settled and eating for about 2 weeks, then wein them over to whatever food you want to feed them by blending it in till your 100% on the new food.

I feed my Tropheus New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula - 1mm pellet size, and Aquarian Tropical Flake Food.

Welcome to the Addiction...er..I mean the Hobby..yeah...

Next thing you know you'll be getting rid of furniture to make more room for tanks.

Take care, and welcome to the site

GEoff

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I bought tropheus a month ago (average length 1.5 inches). I went with 1 mm NLS and have not lost a fish.
New Life Spectrum all the way!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.