Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my husband to store witha list of either one group or the other.. He came back with both.....
4 Labidochromis Caeruleus (Lions Cove) electric yellow
1 Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei" (Msuli)
4 Metriaclima callainos (cobalt blue zebra)
4 Pseudotropheus saulosi
4 Labidochromis sp. "Hongi"

It looks really good. I just added my tanks. Not sure how to load them to here[/img]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i knew there would be something that would cross. I could put the elect. yellows with the vics??
Its a 55 gallong tank

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
You could take back the labs and acei and get a couple more of the saulosi, cobalts, and hongi.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guess ill have to cause i was planning on putting the vics in with the others after they got bigger.. thanks for ur help..

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Generally, 55g are good for 3 species of mbuna with a 1m:3-5female, this changes depending on size of fish and aggression levels.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I would be more worried about the labs crossing with the saulosi females (and saulosi males crossing with lab females) than the 2 lab. species crossing.

I'd go 2m:5-6f saulosi, 1-2m:4-6f Hongi, 1m:4f callainos and call it a day. :thumb:

I've kept saulosi and Hongi together before, and while they're both blue(ish) with black vertical bars, I never saw aggression between them, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i thought u could only have 1 male and some female of the same kind. But u dielikemoviestars say they dont fight?

What do u guys think of my list if i did it like he suggests?

·
Registered
162 Posts
rrbailey5 said:
i thought u could only have 1 male and some female of the same kind. But u dielikemoviestars say they dont fight?

What do u guys think of my list if i did it like he suggests?
It depends on the species, size of tank and the number of females available for them among other things. They will fight some but this can help remove some of the aggression from the females and other tankmates. You would just have to be ready to possible remove 1 if it starts to get beat up to badly.
I personally like Dielikemoviestars' proposed list. It should be an attractive and active setup! :thumb:

·
Registered
129 Posts
im not a fan of 2 males of a single species. i go from 1-3+.i like the mix tho...how about 3m-7f saulosi and 1m-3f of the hongi/cobalts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would be a bit careful putting any placid types like YLs in with any vic males. My Vic tanks I recently took down were like war zones.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks everyone. Hope I get it right this time..
My 3" vic is very aggressive actually. I dont think ill put anything else in with him.
Anyone knowwhere to get the best looking white sand?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.