Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tank is cycling and soon I'll be ordering fish. Dawned on me that they don't eat water. What's the best cichlid food out there. All my fish are omnivores. Money is not an issue to keeping my fish healthy. Also are there vitamins and supplements to be added to there diet? Also what about changing there food now and then just for change? I'm very worried about bloat. All the fish will be juvies from Lake Malawi. You people have been a wealth of knowledge and I thank you for putting up with us newbies.
Thanks Bob
fish list:
yellow labs
cyn. hara
ps. williamsi north(blue lips)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Most folks in this forum favor New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula. It is a premium priced food and is not available in every store.

I feed it about half the time and my fish are healthy and very colorful. My only complaint is that it sinks pretty quickly and a lot of it goes into the rocks before the cichlids can get it. My catfish clean it up, but they get too large a share and are too fat!

Fresh veggies should be offered to most africans routinely in addition to prepared foods. Don't feed meaty foods.

I have never had a case of bloat (still a novice though).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts