Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
In my 150, I have three yellow peacocks: benga, lemon jake and a lwanda. They're smaller - 4" or so, but only occasionally get on each other. There's enough other traffic in the tank to present appropriate distractions. Now if I had those three in a 75, I'm thinking no way.

In my 180, I definitely see more problems. The blue face/red body combo is common in haps and I have more than a few in the tank that sport these colors. I see random bits of aggression between my red empress, Aristochromis chistyi and Tyranochromis nigreventor. It's not so bad that they're causing real serious damage, but occasional scratches and nicked fins aren't uncommon. The empress is pretty much maxed out - 8" or so, but the other two (also about 8") still have some growing to do.

It's going to be interesting to watch these guys get bigger and bigger over the coming months. I'll probably have to make changes eventually, but for now, it works well enough.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.