Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Any other products that are useful?
Quality fish food. Spare parts to service filtration systems, back-up (extra) heaters, air pumps, etc.
Quite frankly these bottled "water enhancement" products are just flushing $$ down the proverbial toilet. I believe a lot of these products are marketed to newer aquarists that want a quick fix for poor fish husbandry and/or shortcuts to properly maintaining their aquariums. If there is a buyer they will market it for profit. Spend your hard earned money on things you actually need.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Is this not the same tank that you set up on April 16th?
If so your tank is now cycled because it's been running for over 6 weeks with fish in the tank.
You could have achieved the same results without adding bottled products.

I personally, like a lot of others, use Seachem Safe when doing water changes.
It's basically a concentrated version of Prime that is far more economical.
Exactly this. Seachem Stability is just BS in a bottle.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Seachem is doing mighty well with their products. I gather nobody likes any bacteria additive at all. In theory if you add it directly to biological media in your canister it should help but probably not to degree that it claims. Some infamous "YOUTUBE" guys love the product and it doesn't harm fish no matter the usage.
Those infamous you tube boobs who promote this **** are sponsored by Seachem and get free stuff for their support. Yeah gotta believe them that it works.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi!😃
Not to disagree with you buttt nope!! Sorry... I live in St. Augustine and then there's Jacksonville then Georgia, you can't get any more "north or inland", hon. Water is bad all over believe me! If it isn't sooo chlorinated then it's swamp but we've figured a way around it all for our babies!😂😂😂
St. Augustine is on the coast so there is salt water intrusion to the aquifer. The further you go south in FL the poorer the water quality with a few exceptions. Water is not bad all over. I did this for a living so sorry dear you don't know the whole story. There are deep water injection wells that come into play, salt water intrusion, etc. etc. FL clearly does not have pristine water like some areas of the country but there is a lot of variation in the state and is not as bad as you make it out to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts