Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have one 4 inch blood red parrot fish in a 55 gallon and was wondering what cichlid would work

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
You could get another parrot. Convicts, severums, sajicas, firemouths, etc...pretty much anything that's not too aggressive but can hold it's own should do okay.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I wouldn't advise Sajica with Parrots. The Sajica will get pushed around. Sajica just dont have what it takes to stand up. Everything else mentioned will do just fine though!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I would agree with that. I think that you would be best of with either another parrot or cons.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Thorichthys spp will do great as well, most of the Cryptoheros spp will do fine, i would leave out the Sajica, a little to passive from what *** heard, the less aggressive, smaller growing Amphilophus spp might work, like A. Robertsoni for example (not midas, red devil, or trimac) a salvini might be OK, mine is living with Blood Parrots right now quite nicely, the Blood Parrot are to much of a heavy weight for him to go after :lol: but always make sure the Blood Parrot is bigger, in other words, if you want a Salvini, buy one when your Blood Parrot gets at least 6" and buy the Salvini smaller (around 3") for the highest success rate. of course, the Blood parrot i had my salvini with was a very aggressive Parrot, it killed my flowerhorn...

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
a salvini might be OK
If Convicts and Firemouths and their families can be with a Blood Parrot then a Salvini can too. Salvini are more aggressive then Convicts and Firemouths and can hold their own very nicely. I would say a Salvini would be the right way to go! Not to mention their color is AMAZING!! Also Salvini are mid-sized cichlids staying around the 6-8 in mark and won't take up too much room!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
CiChLiD LoVeR128 said:
a salvini might be OK
If Convicts and Firemouths and their families can be with a Blood Parrot then a Salvini can too. Salvini are more aggressive then Convicts and Firemouths and can hold their own very nicely. I would say a Salvini would be the right way to go! Not to mention their color is AMAZING!! Also Salvini are mid-sized cichlids staying around the 6-8 in mark and won't take up too much room!
im surprised you of all people didnt recommend a Salvini :lol:

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Good point Gage! I am surprised I didn't as well! :lol: :lol: :p

I am not sure what was going through my mind at the time........ :p

Probably more like this: Duh.........Um.........Yeah what he said! :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts