Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my tank has a really unusual mix, but all the fish now seem to get along. I have (from biggest to smallest) a Jack Dempsey, a Red Oscar, a Rainbow, a Tiger Oscar, an Albino Oscar, a Venustus, a Demasoni, and a blue kenyi...

I recently traded in a yellow kenyi for the Jack because I found out he was picking on every other fish no matter how big... (he killed a black convict hybrid that I really was fond of in one day).

I am looking to add something new and want to get something different that will stand out... my thoughts were a Green Terror or a Red Terror. I'm open to other suggestions, and will be in Philadelphia where I'll have the best chance of finding what I need this weekend.

Please help!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The only fish out of that list that I'd consider keeping in a 55g is the rainbow. Or the dem, but a colony, not just 1. That tank is going to explode when those fish hit maturity.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
dielikemoviestars said:
The only fish out of that list that I'd consider keeping in a 55g is the rainbow. Or the dem, but a colony, not just 1. That tank is going to explode when those fish hit maturity.
+1
except would keep a jd in a 55 maybe a breeding pair as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know I will be needing a larger tank when the fish mature, they're all relatively small now so I have some time. I'm looking to upgrade to a 90 or 125 gallon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
to keep the fish that you currently have i would think you need larger than both of those future upgrades you mentioned....and mixing the africans with oscars doesnt usually end well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Like TFG always says buy the tank then the fish because lifes what happens when u have other plans. But the oscars don't go together well at all when they get bigger. I would take two of the O's back and a few of the other fish back.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
As others have replied, you are way overstocked already.

....Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts