Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our sweet 6" synspilum -- which turned out to be mislabeled, and really is a sweet black belt -- moved in with the severums in the 75 gallon until a new tank is online. I've noticed that the black belt isn't so keen on eating the floating cichlid pellets that works so well with the sevs. Seems she doesn't like surface feeding, so she's mostly been eating the flaky food that I put in for everyone else.

Has anyone else found something that works really well for these guys?

Thanks!
-Ryan

·
Registered
799 Posts
Never kept one. I'd imagine other foods like Krill or worms would be taken eagerly. Just try other foods. Sinking pellets might work too. I use HBH supersoft sinking pellets to supplement the diet of many fish that do not surface feed, Silver dollars, catfish, plecos, etc. Shrimp pellets may work. Just try a bunch of different brands. I'm sure you'll find something she enjoys.

·
Registered
126 Posts
matey
my black belts loves earthworms and meal worms as a treat, mine will eat sinking pellets but like u said i dont see him come to the top all that often to feed, so try some good quality sinking pellets and maybe the odd worm to get his interest.
Ray :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts