Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys here is a video of my chiclids that i have, i don't know if they are jewels are firemouths but i am thinking jewels. maybe some of you guys can help me. heres a video of what i saw guys

·
Registered
912 Posts
Jack Dempseys.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Chromedome52 said:
Jack Dempseys.
+1 :thumb: those are definitely jack dempseys. If you can get some better video we can sex them too, but might want to repost in Central American. They look to be pairing but that can be establishing the pecking order. Good luck

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh snaps central american looks like i am gonna need a mod to move this so if there is a mod in there please move this for me to central america thanks guys

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was going to say it looked like spawning behavior but it looks like both JDs are female. The darker one there is clearly lots of blue on the lower gill plate, the lighter one was a bit harder to tell but looked like it had lots of blue on the gill plate as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea man most of my vid on that channel are car audio cause that's all I do but my fish are like something else I do to try to keep my sanity lol.
Thanks for clearing that up got me on what kind they are I wasn't a hundred percent sure but thanks s guys.
Yea both those have blue on the lower gills. How exactly do you tell if it's a male jack? Are they all the way blue or whatever or what. No they aren't doing that anymore that was a one time thing far as I gave seen anyway an I watch them like every night before bed time.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The males have more blue across the body and less around the gill plate. Females are almost opposite. Less coloring in the body and a spangled blue gill plate. This isn't 100% but it works most of the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.