Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what these marks are? He/she has had the marks for several weeks. I can't tell if the marks are spreading, or if they are just getting bigger because the fish is growing. See more details below photo.

What is the size and dimensions of your tank and what SPECIES of fish do you have? (This helps identify potential aggression or overstocking problems.)
75 gallon, 48" x 18"
yellow-tail acei, yellow labs, maingano (22 fish total, if you include 2 yellow lab fry)

How long has it been set up? Is it CYCLED? (This can rule out cycling issues.)
Tank has been cycled since early March 2021.

What are your water parameters: Temperature, ammonia (NH3/4), nitrite (NO2), pH, GH, KH and nitrate (NO3)? It's not sufficient to say that your water tests "okay" or "fine." Sometimes a misunderstanding about WATER CHEMISTRY requirements is the root of the problem. If you don't have TEST KITS, you should purchase them. In the meantime, your local fish store will probably test your water for you -- just be sure to get the actual results rather than just a "thumbs up".
Temp = 80F
Ammonia = 0ppm
Nitrite = 0ppm
Nitrate = 10-20pmm
GH = 8
KH = 7
pH = 8.1

How long have you had the fish and what symptoms do they have? What do you FEED them? Have you introduced any new fish recently? What is your MAINTENANCE schedule, and what product/s (if any) do you use to neutralize chlorine or chloramines in your TAP WATER? (This helps to determine if a new disease has been introduced to the tank or if it's some kind of husbandry problem.)
Had this fish since March 2021. No other symptoms. Fish eats well and appears healthy except for the marks shown in photo. Food = Northfin Veggie Pellets. I have not introduced any new fish recently. Multiple 1/3 water changes per week. Water conditioner = Kordon Novaqua Plus.

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
If it is still there, I'm going to say it's pigment in the fish. 100% clean yellow bodies are not the norm. It may lighten when the fish is comfortable and darken if the fish is stressed or excited (eating or spawning).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts