Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a tank of adult mbuna. p. demasoni and yellow labs. about 20+ demasoni and 12+ yellow labs. all are pure and of good quality. im unclear as to how much adults/groups sell for. could someone inlighten me? i dont want fry/juvie prices. i want prices for full sized adults.

my fish are great fish, but i moved on from african cichlids, i kept these for there beauty but they deserve a better home.

·
Super Moderator
40,529 Posts
The amount I get in store credit for Demasoni is different from the amount I sell them to hobbyists and I find this to be true in reverse as well.

Demasoni brings more than labs...more than any other fish I've sold actually. LFS will probably not take 20 at a time or even 10.

So it depends, are you selling to LFS for store credit? Or to a hobbyist?

And will you sell the fish one at a time? Or do you want it to be a package deal.

I'd be thinking in terms of $10/fish...maybe a little more for the demasoni and a little less for the labs. Package deal would suggest a lower price than that.

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Really, at most stores, adult Mbuna are not worth very much. There is nothing special about most adults, and adult Mbuna are a real pain to keep in a store tank because they tend to beat each other up in a store tank. Adults are not worth much more at all generally.

Now if there actually are really nice condition fish, you could get something. Demasoni and Yellow Labs are two of the most sellable. Don't think you are going to make a profit off of them from stores. You could try selling them directly as a group to another hobbyist.

Why don't you find cichlids interesting? You going saltwater? Or you just really want a decoration instead of pets?

·
Registered
49 Posts
$5-$10/each on Craigslist. I live in Florida though so there's breeders and cichlid stores all over.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thx die,

noki, i have switched to smaller fish, inverts, and other stuff. and these are beautiful perfect speciemens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.