Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an Anubias plant from my LFS that I was wondering if you guys would do me a favor in helping me identify it.

To me, from the pictures I found on Florida Aquatics website (my LFS gets their plants from Florida Aquatic Nursery) I think it looks like any of the following species, but not 100% sure which:
Anubias afzelii
Anubias 'Congensis'
Anubias barteri var. angustifolia
Anubias 'Lanceolata'
Anubias gigantea

Here's the photo (hi-res one can be found here):

If you know what it is, please let me know as I may order some in the future if it survives my african cichlids...

~Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? There has to be someone here who can take an educated guess or look in a plant encyclopedia if you own one...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Plants can grown in the sand that well? IS it nania

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks life Afzelii to me. I have that variety in a few of my tanks and they all look a bit different depending on light levels, CO2, nutrients, etc. Even if it is one of the other var you posted, the care is the same.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That plant is Anubias minima. It's regularly distributed by Segrest farms which puts it in a lot of fish stores. I have a number of them growing. They aren't very hardy compared to A. nana but do ok if you attach them to wood. I believe they are more of a bog type plant than an aquatic plant as they do much better if the leaves can reach above the water surface.

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts