Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this guy at the fish store today - about 7 inches - great looking fish!

They were given the fish - they have no idea what it is.

Pardon the less than stellar cell phone pics!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Awesome looking fish! It looks kind of like a Mayan to me, but I'm not sure, something seems different...but man it looks cool :thumb:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Looks mayan to me too, there are several subspecies of uro's with differant color patterns. While not the prettest one I've seen (the best ones imo are the red color, the reason they are sold as red terrors), I still think it's a uro.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Lostnight... how big is yours?...

JWhipple already said his is approx 7"... is that TL (tip of nose to tip of tail)?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Toby_H said:
Lostnight... how big is yours?...

JWhipple already said his is approx 7"... is that TL (tip of nose to tip of tail)?
Well, not exactly mine - i saw it in the store today, but yes, tip of nose to end of tail...

It's about an inch thick looking at it straight on .

·
Registered
195 Posts
They should color up when fed a lot of krill, Hikari Bio Gold, Tetra Color Flakes, and Omega 1 Cichlid pellets. Mine looked really dull, drab, and washed out before I changed his diet. Oh yeah, I also cranked the temp to about 84.

·
Registered
867 Posts
the pic ur talking bout his tail could be at an angle to look like its bent

·
Registered
262 Posts
lostnight said:
Mine or the first one? Because I know mine is not a hybrid. I don't think the other one is either.
I was talking about the OP's pic. The tail spot is not quite all there, the body shape is slightly different, That's the only reason I suggest that It could be a hybrid. Your's looks great and looks as pure as they come.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If that's a convict, that's the biggest convict I've EVER seen.

If it's a Jack Dempsey, it's missing all of it's spangles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts