Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my wet/dry filter running for around 4 months now, and need a better pre-filter option. I want something I can rinse and re-use cause I've become obsessive about changing the pad. Currently poly fill from walmart is being used, witch works perfect, but has become a hassle to cut a new pad every 2-3 days(told you I'm obsessive) So I'm looking for some kind of cut to fit type fix that I can just have 3-4 of them and swap em, then clean em when I get down to one. I wish I had the option of a filter sock, but I don't... but I'm looking for similar results. Also if someone could suggest what micron would be good for a wet/dry running approx 400 gph.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought a roll of the pink and white filter material off Ebay. I've had great luck with it. Not sure what micron size it will filter down to...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Go to Micheals, Hobby Lobby or any fabric store. They sell a white felt type material. It's probably polyester same stuff as micron socks. Cut it to the size you want. You will have to be obssesive about changing them because they do clog after 2-3 days. I would just throw the dirty ones in a bucket till you get 4-5 or more and wash them in you washing machine. 1/2 cup of free and clear laundry soap and a full cup of bleach. I have been doing this with micron socks for years. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.