Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...::sigh:: here it goes. After today's water change I spent an hour capturing and extracting a strand of my hair from one of my peacocks. I have fine long blonde hair and my Afghan Hounds also have fine long hair...so inevitably a few strands wind up in the tank but they are hard to detect.

Sooo my question is this: If a hair winds up in the tank, one of my fish eats that hair, and I fail to catch it in time....is this potentially fatal? or likely to be?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Between my cats, dogs and myself, there's alway some hair floating (or swimming) around and I've yet to see a problem after a couple of decades of fishkeeping. :thumb:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Triscuit! I was never overly concerned about it until my peacock swallowed part of a foot long hair and was swimming about with it training behind him. I realized it could be going in one end, and out the other for days....I had visions of it then going through another fish and having a train of fish attached by a single hair, it getting twisted up inside or something equally disasterous. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts